Sunday, January 6, 2008

Today I saved 288 Lives.

Well today did not start so good. Last night my wallet was stollen. (BUT it has since been recovered). Though a friend called me up and asked if i wanted to help with some community service, which of corse I am in for, UNLESS it is picking mustard weed (which is not very prevalent in Pune, India (or at least not to my knowledge). So today after the monthly Rotary meeting we went to an area of town and with the help of two local Rotarians distributed over 288 doses of Polio Vaccine!

Polio Plus, is the Rotary program to eradicated polio worldwide, and they are doing amazing at except in India, where it is still highly needed. We got hats and jumped right in to giving kids from 0 to 5 two drops that will save their lives from polio forever. It was pretty cool. Today we saved over 288 kids from polio.

No comments:

Post a Comment