Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pune City-An Artist View

My mother was bugging me the other day that she did not see enough of India! So I decided to show you a little of what i see everyday! It is a very artistic approach to things, possibly because most of the pictures I took from the inside of a moving rickshaw but that's what makes it cool! Take a look and Enjoy!



My City


The corner of when my society meets the "real world." The cement on the left is where they are widening the roads. This is during the time of the day when the road is probably the least crowded.




Here I am waiting in a rickshaw at University Circle. Across the circle is Pune, University, one of the oldest and most famous Universities of India, also named "The Oxford of the East," people claim it is a good school, for some reason I just don't believe them. The guy with the orange scarf things, is selling shamis, he will sell you one and wipe off your windows and car with it and then give it to you used, they actually work quite well!



A Bus, A Bus Stop.
The Buses here are pretty crazy.
They Stop for Nothing, except Cows.




The Inside and Outside of a Rickshaw.
Open Air. Like a Convertible, but a rickshaw!

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    Cool Pictures, It is neat to see around Pune. It is neat to see the differnt perspective you and Lauren have about where you live. You and Lauren and the rest of the exchange kids have a good time on the South Tour. Keep her in Line,Opps maybe I'm telling the wrong person, you rebel rowser! LOL

    I'm sure your Mom like us would like you guys to send your family a post card on your Southern Trip.

    Bye for now "Kiddo 2 "

    Lauren's Dad

    ReplyDelete