Thursday, May 28, 2009

On the Road Again... Just Can't Wait to be on the Road Again...

I just got back from spending a week in Washington... and Now I am back to Wisconsin and already getting ready to leave yet again.

The time around Europe is what is one the menu. Five Countries, a few cities, and some wandering in between (not to mention a job... yes, I (theloneblonde) am leaving my lovely country to work abroad because there are no jobs in said lovely country).

I am in the process of packing it all up. Though this time instead of three lime green suitcases and a bargained fake tommey "hillfinger" blue thing that is missing a wheel. I am with a backpack and a small green carry on (which currently only contains marshmallows and a lifeguard towel). Imagine that... the serious over packer who is prepared for everything from a minor spine to nuclear fall out with a backpack, for over two months! (crazy talk, I know).

BYOM (Bring you Own Marshmallows) and let the Adventure begin!

Though I will not be a loneblonde in Europe, due to the fact that essentially a long long time ago my relatives got on the boat coming from a mix of England, Scotland, Ireland, France, and Germany. But at the same time i am still theloneblonde.

So bring on the sit-upons and trade in the rock and roll for camp songs gather round the fire (without marshmallows) and toast to adventure.

Talk to you again soon.

To tide you over... I thought this article was intersting!

http://www.worldhum.com/features/eric-weiner/travel-that-counts-or-my-passport-is-better-stamped-than-yours-20090526/?cmpid=05282009__trv18

No comments:

Post a Comment