Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back At It... The Adventure Thing

Who Knows if anyone will actually read this, but we will see.

I am back. Back at that entire Adventure thing that is.

With India almost a year behind me I am taking up yet another adventure. For those of you who like to know what is going on in my life, and like to read what I have to share about whatever thoughts on life I may have well then you should be happy to know I have a very long adventure ahead of me.

The last year in itself has been an interesting journey (of Transformation, all pun intended to the worst class I have ever taken) , of all the things that I do not really enjoy in life;

Things I have done since India:

1. Graduated High School (Big Accomplishment)

2. Went to College (Seton Hall University)

3. Realized I made a Big Mistake in picking a prison not an Academic Institution

3.5. 2009! New Years!

4. Tried to Make the Best of it (Fail) BUT got a job in Europe for the Summer

5. Applied to Transfer (Choices: Ohio State, UW-Madison, Florida State, Trinity DC)

6. Got into every school I applied to (again... and had to make a decision)

7. Went down to Florida State, Everything is free and the Weather is amazing

8. Made a decision (Florida State, and praying to the gods of good schools that its the best idea)

9. Applied for the Panama Program at Florida State University Panama (The Republic of Panama, not Panama City, FL) And Got in :)

10. Bought a Ticket to Europe and Panama

(11. Left Seton Hall in the Dust ) (This is slightly preemptive, I will be out of here May 6)

So that's the plan. To Leave Seton Hall in the Dust. I only hope that I made the right choice this time around. I mean it came with some hardships and some definite crying to the parents and complaining to the world and ranting and raving about what a mistake I made, but I am hoping this is not only my chance to correct what in the WORLD was i thinking when i picked to come to school in New Jersey (yes, the rumors are true, this is for the most part the rubbish bin of America, and yes, they do wear their big hair like that).

I do have to mention that it was not ALL bad. I did have some good times, making fun of Jersey. Some Great times, (on the mock trial team) representing Jersey. And I will take away some very memorable moments, that will always go unprecedented because this was Jersey.

Back to the Plan.

The Plan: Three Months, Five Countries, One Brand New Passport.

June 3 (Exactly One Year after coming home from India, give or take 23 minutes or something like that)
Leave for United Kingdom and meet up with Childhood friend Laura or Ipod, who it just so happens applied to work at the same summer camp as I even though we have NOT seen each other since we were 9 and live very separate lives (meaning we did not talk much) over a very big ocean (the Atlantic, to solve any confusion)

June 5
Fly to Germany, to begin working at Camp Lachenwald. Other then the name which I am not even sure how to say, I am working there doing who know what for very little pay for the next part of the summer. Hopefully I will find some time to try and find my German Friends, or a Canadian one.

July 16
Transfer over to Italy and work at Campeggio Bosco Ridente for the second half of the summer
Maybe a stopover in Rome, to meet up with Lauren (yes, a ghost from India's Past!) to Explore the Eternal City!!!
A dream come true after taking up a Minor in Classics (worthless but fun, for anyone going to college someday or again, classics professors are always the most exciting, dead languages bring out the best in some).

August 5
I have to come home sometime, but its only a stop off in the grand scheme of things
Originally I was going to be coming home Auguest 17, and I would have had 30 so hours before I had to pack it up and leave for my next adventure, which would have been, just the way I would have liked it, but slighly finicial irresponsible.

August 19
Leave for Panama.
Ciudad De Panama. Ciudad de Saber. Simpre
Me Espanol es muy Mal. Simpre


Another year of Great Adventure Awaits.
I only hope you can follow me on a real Journey.
One that does not take place in Suburbia Hell.
This One takes place in the Real World.

- The Lone Blonde






No comments:

Post a Comment