Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back in Action: Peace Corps

Nominated for Service.

This is pretty much all they tell me...

Going to Africa for 27 months of service.
Will be working in Urban and Regional Planning.
Leaving Early August 2011.

Possibilities of Countries...
1. Cape Verde
Why: They request Spanish Speakers to Learn Portuguese
Why Not: They don't send people in August historically
2. Mozambique
Why: They request Spanish Speakers to Learn Portuguese
Why Not: They have no Urban Planning Volunteers
3. Namabia
Why: They leave in August
Why Not: They do not have any Urban Planning Volunteers
4. Cameroon
 Why: They have Urban Planning Volunteers
 Why Not: They don't leave in August. 
5. Uganda
Why: They Leave in August and have Urban and Regional Planning Volunteers 
Why Not: Have not really found one, other then it was suggest that I was requested for my site to have   Spanish knowledge, I am not sure why this would be important in Uganda or anywhere in Africa?        Though I have heard via a little bird (or something like that) that the local languages area easier to learn after having learned spanish because they have similar pronunciation.

Entonces, after realizing that my Spanish will really not get my anywhere in Africa?

I still have... 

NO IDEA WHERE I AM GOING! Not to mention, I will not find out until after I clear my dental, medical, and legal clearance from the Peace Corps, and well also graduate from college with a legitimate degree! But where ever it is the LONE BLONDE IS BACK, and once again will still be reppin the Blonde Population this time on an entirely new continent of Africa (it was bound to happen).

Next Steps: Graduate College, One last HORRAH in Europe, and then AFRICA (Im going to get my own hut! Just what every college graduate needs!)




“Volunteers who go to South America come back to the States politically active, volunteers who go to Southeast Asia return spiritually aware and curious, and volunteers who go to Africa?-They come back laughing.”



No comments:

Post a Comment